Announcement

To go back to The Wolf Den website, click here

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-04-27 09:08:04

gsnoopy520

Jameis Winston Jersey

By Thuso Khumalo

PRETORIA Deshazor Everett Redskins Jersey , South Africa, April 15 (Xinhua) -- Cross examination of murder-accused Oscar Pistorius entered its final day at the Pretoria High Court in South Africa on Tuesday with Pistorius insisting that he is innocent.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel spent the last hours of his cross examination trying to prove that Pistorius intentionally killed his girl friend Reeva Steenkamp.

Pistorius is being tried for killing Steenkamp when he shot her through a locked bathroom door on February 14, last year. Pistorius insists that he mistook Steenkamp for an intruder.

"She was locked into the bathroom and you armed yourself with the sole purpose of shooting and killing her. That is what you did, " Nel put this to the accused.

Pistorius replied that he only fired when he heard movement in the toilet. "I thought it was the door opening. In retrospect it could only have been the magazine rack Rob Kelley Redskins Jersey ," Pistorius said.

However, Nel accused him of tailoring his evidence to match the state case. He also asked Pistorius to explain how he reacted when he discovered he had killed Reeva in the toilet.

He responded saying, "I was crying out. I was screaming 'Reeva, Reeva'... crying and screaming... I was overcome with terror and despair. At times I was screaming D.J. Swearinger Redskins Jersey , at times I was crying out."

Pistorius said this after explaining how he tried breaking down the toilet door by hitting it with a cricket bat. Pistorius continued, "I pulled her around onto me and then I heard her breathing, and then I tried to get her up."

He added that he did not scream when he saw Reeva lying in a pool of blood because he saw no reason for screaming.

Nel insisted that Reeva had run and locked herself in the toilet after which Pistorius armed himself and killed her.

When Pistorius refuted this, Nel asked Stacy McGee Redskins Jersey , "Once again, we should not blame you for the fact that you shot her... Should we blame Reeva? She never told you she was going to the toilet... should we blame her?

"Should we blame the government? Who should we blame for the black talon round that ripped through her body?"

Pistorius responded: "I don't know my lady, I was scared... I believed that there was a threat on my life."

Nel then ended the cross examination.

The defence then called its third witness, forensic expert Roger Dixon who said a lot of force was needed in breaking Pistorius's wooden toilet door using a cricket bat.

Dixon also testified that Pistorius's bedroom is so dark that when lights are off and curtains drawn he could not even see his hands.

The Court adjourned to Wednesday

Nel launched an application for Pistorius's trial to be postponed sometime this week till May 5. He cited other court engagements and personal arrangements for the Easter holiday as the reasons for requesting postponement.

Judge Thokozile Masipa is expected to rule on the postponement application on Wednesday.

MADRID Montae Nicholson Redskins Jersey , July 24 (Xinhua) -- Real Madrid star, Luka Modric commented on Thursday that the club's summer signings will make them the team to beat in Spain and Europe in the coming season.

This summer has already seen Real Madrid spend a total of 120 million euros to sign World Cup winner, Tony Kroos and James Rodriguez, who was the top scorer in the World Cup finals with 6 goals.

That duo are soon to be joined by Keylor Navas Samaje Perine Redskins Jersey , who also had a magnificent tournament in Brazil as Costa Rica reached the quarter-finals, meaning that the European champions' squad looks stronger that ever.

"With James and Kroos we are even better," admitted Modric in an interview with Spanish sports paper 'Marca' from the Real Madrid training camp in Los Angeles.

The Croatian believes that as well as having a stronger squad, the fact the club won its much desired 'Decima' or 10th Champions League Fabian Moreau Redskins Jersey , will help to take pressure off the players to succeed in the coming campaign.

"There won't be as much pressure as there was before winning the 'Decima'," admitted Modric.

What Real Madrid do have, however, is the chance to win 6 trophies this season as they will play for the World Club Championship as well as the Spanish and European Supercups as well as the Champions League and domestic competitions.

"It would be wonderful to win the six titles and this is our moment Ryan Anderson Redskins Jersey ," confirmed the midfielder.

Robin van Persie (front) of Manchester United is fouled by Olympiakos player Jose Holebas during their European Champions League match in Manchester on Wednesday (British time). United won 3-0. Photo: CFP

In Manchester United manager David Moyes' hour of need, it was two -players alleged to have lost faith in him who rode to his rescue.

Hours before the second leg of United's Champions League last-16 tie against Olympiakos on Wednesday, Moyes felt compelled to publicly denounce rumors of rifts with Ryan Giggs and Robin van Persie.

The two players were reported to have fallen out with the Scot, but Moyes told MUTV the claims were "rubbish" and the pair rewarded him by inspiring United to a 3-0 victory that took them into Friday's quarterfinals draw.

Van Persie took the plaudits with a hat trick Jonathan Allen Redskins Jersey , but it was Giggs' performance that set the tone on a boisterous evening at Old Trafford.

The 40-year-old Welshman - -reported to have been angered by the stories of a bust-up with Moyes - was making his first start since January 28, but he -patrolled the center of the pitch with -effortless authority.

Not every pass reached its target, but after finding his range with a through ball to Danny Welbeck in the fifth minute, he created both of Van Persie's first two goals with raking balls from the halfway line.

The first led to the 25th-minute penalty from which the Dutchman broke the deadlock. The second Deshazor Everett Youth Jersey , in first-half injury time, enabled Wayne Rooney to cross for Van Persie to level the tie.

Teammate Phil Jones described.

2018-04-27 09:08:04

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer